Tuesday, December 10, 2019

The Sunrise

While most of you are sleep and dreaming I am up wearing my superhero headset.  Although my job is pretty repetitive as far as the procedures of  how the calls are taken,  

I can say at night the calls are almost all emergencies. 

Some are routine and then there are the times my life saving skills are tested. When I am at work you can typically find me in the same spot.  I sit right next to the picturesque window with the view of the San Gabriel Valley.  Sitting in the window I watch people come and go, to and from work.  I also watch the airplanes in the sky.  I've had this window view so long I even know when the planes coming and going to LAX are not in their normal landing and takeoff patterns.  I am quite fascinated by aviation so to be able to see planes flying is always nice.  In addition we have a helicopter pad and sometimes I get the treat of seeing what I call the whirly bird land and take off.   

I will be candid with you, there are some day's I'm drained and I look out the window wishing I were on the whirly bird or the airplane. But in the end I know I'm needed sitting in my chair listening to the cries for help.  It's always nice to connect things and have small epiphanies about why you have a certain habit.

The window I realized is my small piece of solace.  Often times my mornings are filled with the screeching cries from a person who has found their loved one no longer breathing. To prevent those cries from eating away at me I sit in the window.  The view I see of the sunrise is GODS's gift to me that breathes life back into me.  I can leave knowing I have to make each sunrise count.  So take a look
at my view and know this day is for you too. 
Make the most of it!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for being a ray of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbie...this is ab-soul-lutley soul-stirring... I, too, cherished my window view when I had offices. It truly is solace to be able to lose yourself in "outside" when "inside" becomes too much... Thank you for your evocative words. And thank you for being a superhero with a headset, humbly and purposefully saving lives "on the lines." Respect and Love, Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Scott. You have to find happiness in all environments. Thank you for reading. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Barb - This message is so heart felt that I’ve read it several times. It put me in a thought provoking mood. I’ve been on the other side of the line several times and never could imagine the feelings of the person answering these calls. The cries we make when those calls are made I know are extreme. Even though I’ve been extreme, I am now more calm and listen because it makes the situation easier for both people on call. Thank you God for the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I was able to stir some emotions. Thank you for your support. I have more for you to read. :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I plan to share all the real I can. :-) Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  6. Make each sunrise count

    ReplyDelete